Several things are new at our Fall Harvest Hike at Harrington Beach State Park! First and foremost is the date. On Saturday, September 29th from 6pm until 9pm we'll light the tiki torches, open the Ansay Welcome Center, offer free (donations always accepted) chili/soup supper AND music. Tuesday Afternoon, a local, instrumental, high-energy Celtic band will entertain us from 7-8:30pm.
Your smiling face could also be new! Come and simply enjoy an evening at Harrington and/or join our dedicated group of volunteers to help out with one of the following:
- Set up tiki torches, 4 people needed for a total of 4 hours prior to the event and 1 hour after
- Greet our visitors and give directions and answer questions - need 3 people
- Help serve chili or refresh the serving line items - need 4 people
- Parking and traffic attendants - 3 people under Park Staff supervision
- Shuttle rider after dark - 1 person to assist the shuttle driver with on/off traffic
- Band runner - 1 person to assist music band set up and take down
- Donate dessert items - 3 people to supply 2 dozen cookies or bars
If you are interested in any of the areas listed, email us at , call the park office at 262-285-3015 or connect with us on our Facebook page, Friends of Harrington.
Did you know that the Friends Board is made up of 8 awesome people who do the lion's share of work to put on the hikes? Did you know that our monthly board meetings held on the 4th Thursday evening of the month are open to the public? Did you know that we are currently seeking additional Board members with the requirement that you are a member of the Friends and love Harrington Beach State Park as much as we do?
Glad to answer your questions! And we'll see you at the hike!